Mass Area Cocaine Anonymous (MACA) Announcements: 7/11-9/12/2021
● The MACA Hotline number is 617-539-6090 and the website is www.caofma.org for more information about Cocaine Anonymous, meetings, upcoming events, and announcements!!
● Hospitals and Institutions (H&I commitments) are all cancelled until further notice.
● Next MACA Meeting is Sunday – September 12, 2021 at 5:00pm on Zoom. Elections for the MACA Officer positions will be held at this meeting. A great way to get involved in service work! Please ask to be added to the email list or go to the private “New England Area of CA” Facebook group for the Zoom meeting information.
● The MACA Hotline is seeking volunteers to help us respond to incoming calls. At least 6 months of sobriety is recommended. Please call the MACA hotline and leave a message to indicate you would like the Public Information volunteers to contact you about helping.
● The 23rd Annual MACA Speaker Meeting and Cookout at Houghton’s Pond Recreation Area – Picnic Site #3 in Milton, MA is on Sunday, August 22nd from 10am-4pm. For more information, please call the MACA hotline or go to the private “New England Area of CA” Facebook group.
● MACA will be providing all the grill food for the cookout and all the fixings, but we are in need of volunteers to bring chips, soda, dessert like cookies/brownies, fruit salad, potato salad, pasta salad, etc. And of course please remember to “BYOC”- Bring Your Own Chair!
Massachusetts Meetings: Cambridge CA meetings need Support – All Welcome!!
● Tuesday – “No Matter What” 7:30-8:30pm via Zoom (Meeting ID: 828 7512 0439 and PW: 953227)
● Tuesday – “Andover Coconuts” 6:30-7:30pm Hybrid in person at 140 Haverhill St, Ste 8, Andover, MA 01810 and via Zoom (Meeting ID: 830 2638 4765 and PW: 689056)
● Friday – “Freedom to Choose” 7:00-8:00 pm via Zoom (Meeting ID: 898 157 0879 and PW: drew)
● Sunday – “Any Lengths” 6:30-7:45pm is now in person only at the First Baptist Church in Alden Hall at 100 Winter St, Norwood, MA 02062
MACA Board Elections
Elections for the Massachusetts Area of Cocaine Anonymous, Inc. (MACA) Board of Directors will be held annually at the September meeting. All positions are up for election. They include: Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, H&I Chair, Literature Chair, Public Information Chair, Helpline Chair, Webservant and Delegates.
Area Meeting Schedule
The Board of Directors of Massachusetts Area of Cocaine Anonymous, Inc., (MACA) along with designated representatives from the meeting fellowships that make up the Massachusetts Area meets on the 2nd Sunday of Jan., March, May, July, Sept., and Nov. at 5:00 pm (EST) via ZOOM.