Mass Area Cocaine Anonymous (MACA) Announcements –05/16/21-7/11/2021
- Hospitals and Institutions (commitments) are all cancelled until further notice due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Next MACA Meeting is Sunday – July 11, 2021 at 5:00pm on ZOOM. A great way to get involved in service work! Please find ZOOM meeting information on the website www.caofma.org or the private “New England Area of CA” Facebook Page.
- MACA Hotline number is 617-539-6090 and the website is www.caofma.org for more information about CA, meetings, commitments, upcoming events, and announcements!!
- The MACA Hotline is seeking Volunteers to help us respond to incoming calls. A year of sobriety is recommended. Please call the hotline and leave a message to indicate you would like the Public Information volunteers to contact you about helping.617-539-6090.
- Currently no date has been set for a Summer cook out at Houghton’s Pond. The MASS DCR Department of Recreation is not taking any reservations for picnic sites. We are hopeful something will change, and we will be able to gather in August.
Massachusetts Meetings: Cambridge CA meetings need Support – All Welcome!!
- Tuesday – “No Matter What” 7:30-8:30pm ZOOM Meeting ID: 828 7512 0439 pw 953227
- Friday – “Freedom to Choose” 7:00-8:00 pm ZOOM Meeting ID: 898 157 0879 pw drew.
- Sunday – “Any Lengths” 6:30-7:45pm ZOOM Meeting ID: 904 411 2512 pw Norwood
Taking the Twelve Steps prepares us to have a “spiritual awakening” or a “spiritual experience” (page 567* in Alcoholics Anonymous). These phrases refer to the change in our thinking, attitudes, and outlook that occurs after taking the Steps. This change frees us from active addiction.
If there were one watchword to describe how these Steps should be practiced, it would be “continuously,” for it is only through God and constant application of these principles that we can be assured of the recovery offered by Cocaine Anonymous.
(CA Guide to the 12 Steps)